Equine Medical Service writes a semiannual newsletter containing various articles about horse health information. Our articles have been categorized to find information you are seeking more easily. We hope you find our newsletter articles section informational.
Equine General Medicine
- Medical Acupuncture: What it is and what it is not
- Healing with Light
- Wound Healing
- Prescription Drug facts
- Esophageal obstruction
- Disaster Preparedness
- The Rescue of “Buddy” the Belgian Horse Part 1 & 2
- Corneal Ulcers: Treatment and Care
- The Equine Medical Service Veterinarian: Get to know the person working on your horse
- Euthanasia – The Tough Decision
- First Aid Kits – What should be in yours?
- The Geriatric Horse: Helping them along
- Is Your Veterinarian a Good Horse Doc?
- Older Horse Part 1 & 2
- Radiograph Ownership And The Law
- Restraint Techniques
- Rattlesnake Bites – It’s the season to BEWARE!
Equine Digestive Health Information
- Antibiotics – How Do They Effect Digestion?
- The Assure System & Assure vs. Assure Plus
- Colic – What Are the Causes?
- Living “Life On The Edge” – Chronic Colic Horse
- Learn To Recognize Your Horse’s Dental Problems
- Balanced Dentistry
- Equine Dentistry: Is Your Horse Getting the Most Out of That Expensive Hay?
- Feed & Digestion – The key to a Healthy Horse
- NSAIDS:Friend or Foe?
- Colic: Recognize, Prevent, and Understand
- Sand & Colic
- Sand in Colon
- Clearing Sand From The Gut
- Gastric Ulcers – Diagnostics and Treatment
Equine Musculoskeletal Health
- Inflammation-What it is and how to treat it
- Caudal Heel Pain – The Dreaded “N” Word Revised
- Arthritis or Degenerative Joint Disease – What Can One Do?
- Hocks: A Pain in the Rear?
- Hoof Balance
- Inflammation-Why Get All Hot About It?
- Lameness Detection & Diagnosis
- Lameness Diagnostics and Treatment – What is Involved?
- Laminitis Cause and Treatment
- Leg Bandages – How To
- My Discipline: What musculoskeletal stressors does it cause?
- Pedal Ostetis – A not so uncommon condition
- So You Want To Buy That Horse? Pre-Purchase Exams, What Are They?
- Radiographs – Why Bother With Those Pictures?
- Soft Tissue Injuries in the Equine Athlete
Equine Reproduction: Horse Health Information
Equine Preventative Medicine
- New Deworming Recommendations
- New Deworming Recommendations Part 2
- Fall Preventative Medicine – A Reminder from our Veterinarians
- Infection Control Options for Your Horse
- Preventative Medicine
- Vaccinating – Understanding the Fundamentals
- West Nile Virus – An Explanation and Update
- West Nile Virus & Mosquitoes
- West Nile Virus Update
- Feeding Grass Hay vs Alfalfa Hay
- Understanding Dehydration
- Grain Overload – Beware!!
- What’s In Your Hay? – What to look out for when purchasing out-of-state Hay
- Frequently Asked Questions about Mosquitoes
- Body Hair Clipping for Winter